Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Twelve Days of Christmas Films: Twelve Mall Santas

I figured I'd get into the holiday spirit this year and celebrate with 12 films which make Christmas great.

To start, I bring you an irreverently funny film which I have a love/hate relationship with: Bad Santa.



I say love/hate because on one hand it's an awful movie with zero redeeming value.  On the other hand, it's hilariously awkward.  It's the kind of movie that defines guilty pleasure: I enjoy it and feel like an awful person for doing so.

I guess that's one redeeming quality: it is capable of judiciously invoking both joy and guilt (I daresay this might be as close to understanding Catholics as I can get).

With Billy Bob Thornton and the late, great Bernie Mac, this film will either bring revulsion or hilarity to your life, or if you're really lucky, both.  Out of 10, I'd give it a solid 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment